Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cooking With Callum

Callum loves to cook.  Whether at his own play kitchen or hopping up on the counter to help Mom and Dad, he is a big fan.  He loves to measure and stir and do whatever we ask of him as long as he can assist.  He will always run to put on his chef hat and apron at a moment's notice.  He has always loved to see what is in the pot on the stove.

One night I came home to hear Callum saying: "I cooked dinner for you, Dad!"  Of course, Mommy had done a bit as well, but Callum was very excited to share his part in the whole effort.

Just in case I did not include this before:  One of our favorite stories about Callum and sign language is when he was about 14 months old and saw a steaming pot of soup on the dinner table one night.  He looked at it thoughtfully and signed the words "hot" and "wind."  We were astounded that he could put together those two thoughts to describe the concept of steam!






No comments: